Monday, February 09, 2015

Tea

I am not a fan of hot tea.  Once in awhile I drink a little before bed, but it's not an everyday thing for me.  I love iced tea with lots of ice, a very foreign concept to my new neighbors. They will fix cold tea drinks, but use very little ice. And they don't usually drink anything but hot water with their meal. I am so not on board with drinking hot water. When our babysitter couldn't find a tea kettle to heat up her water in our apartment the other day, she was confused.....

I'll be honest I don't know a lot about different types of tea and had no idea how to make tea without a tea bag.  We were out and about this weekend and went to an outdoor market where a very nice gentleman showed me some different teas and how to make them.  I walked away armed with knowledge, some tea, and the cutest little teapot.  I had no idea that raw tea, like wine,  gets better with age and more expensive.

I am probably not going to start drinking tea after every meal and before bedtime like he suggested, but at least now I can properly offer my guests a cup of tea when they come over.  So if you are ever in the neighborhood, pop by, I would love to share a pot of tea with you!

My teacher.  He was very passionate about his tea.

My new teapot.  The detail of the design is what sold me on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment