Monday, April 03, 2017

Tree Hugger

Teaching Children about the natural world should be treated as one of the most important events in  their lives.  ~~Thomas Berry



He loves to be outside.  A sign of a day well spent, a good day, is dirty knees and muddy bath water. He will fill his pockets with rocks and sticks and any other "treasure" he can sneak in.  Yesterday it was a dried out dead worm.




He has conversations with the trees and the wind.  Stops to smell every flower he passes.  Thinks dandelions are beautiful and dandelion seeds are magical. 

The Earth has music for those that listen.~~Shakespeare




He walks slowly and sometimes I want to rush him along.....but I try not to.  I try to let him just soak it all in.


In every walk with nature one receives more than one seeks. ~~John Muir

I won't pretend that he is always unplugged and never watches TV, but it's a balance.  I like that most of the time when given the option he chooses to be outside. I love to watch his imagination unfold with something as simple as a stick.  I love to see how kind he is to even the smallest bug.  It makes my heart happy to know that our love of the outdoors is becoming part of him.




Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere else. ~~Einstein

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment