Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Mango Salsa

Mangos are in season and we LOVE mango so we are happy!  One of my current favorite recipes is a Mango Avacado Salsa.  My mom made it for me this summer when I was at her house and she used frozen mango so don't worry if you can't get fresh.  She served it with a Mexican inspired chicken and a salad, delicious.  I have served it with BBQ pork, chicken, pork carnitas.  I like it on tortilla chips and even recently ate leftovers on my scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Mango Salsa
  • 1/2  cup red onion minced
  • 1/2  cup cucumber minced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro minced
  • 1/2 cup mango diced
  •  Juice from one large lemon
  • 1/2 tsp cumin ground
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 large avocado

Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients together and let sit for at least 1 hour.  If you are serving the next day I would add the avocado just before serving.





Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment